Frequently Asked Questions

The Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) is a set of conditions established by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. It exists to build trust in you with the goal of ensuring that you do not utilize your Australian student visa for anything other than education.

You must depart Australia. Many countries are opening up their borders, particularly to returning residents and outbound commercial flights are available from several major airports across Australia. You may also wish to find out if there are any private or Government repatriation flights to your home country. If you would like further assistance to return home, please contact your embassy or consulate in Australia.
All students with subclass 500 visas are allowed to work 40 hours per fortnight and full-time during vacations. Doctorate students can work full-time throughout the year.
Yes, degrees from Australian institutions are accepted worldwide and known for their quality of education.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the most preferred English language proficiency test accepted by almost all institutions in Australia. However, globally, Australian institutions are open to accepting other proficiency tests such as Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) paper-based test, Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE), Cambridge English: Advanced and Occupational English Test (OET) (do check the official website of your preferred institution for the same).

In foreign nations, an IELTS score is necessary to demonstrate English language ability. So, if you're traveling to Australia on a Visa, you'll need to show that you can communicate with Australians.

You can work if your visa allows you to. While applying, one should be careful and certain about what benefits he is looking for. Some visas do not permit employment, others provide only part-time employment, and some provide appropriate excess benefits.Find out more about our visa services by contacting our visa experts today.

Yes. If you fulfill the financial conditions to enroll in an Australian institution or university, your application will be approved. Because you may not be eligible for government assistance, you must demonstrate that you have sufficient finances. A Visa or Migration Officer will examine your financial situation to see if you can afford to study in Australia.

Over 600,000 international students representing 194 nationalities chose to study in Australia in 2017. Recent surveys conducted by Studies in Australia indicate four main reasons why international students choose to study in Australia:

  • Globally recognised courses and institutions
  •  Lively and multicultural lifestyle
  • Reasonable study costs 
  • Beautiful weather and landscapes

Yes, you can although there are strict conditions and - steps set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you will need to meet and follow. We outline the steps to follow when changing your course or institution as an international student below:

  • Book an appointment with a student adviser

  • Consider visa requirements

  • Understand your financial obligations

  • Select a new course or institution.