Tax Return

If you work part-time, you may be entitled for a tax refund. Students who work part-time in Australia pay a percentage of their earnings in income tax. The majority of the students are unaware of it.An overseas student who stays in Australia for more than six months is deemed an Australian resident for tax reasons, which means you'll have to file a tax return.

The good news is that you may be eligible for a tax refund if you are now studying or have previously studied in Australia.

Tax Return​ - optek international

How we come:

Optek will ensure that you report the correct residency status upon arriving in Sydney so that you can obtain all or part of your money back. For tax purposes, we offer tax refunds to students on gap years who are not residents. No matter what you do for a living, you may be entitled for a tax refund. If you need your student tax refund, you’ve come to the perfect place.Regardless of the amount of money made, everyone who works in Australia is required to file a tax return at the end of the financial year.Filing a tax return ensures that your tax affairs are in order (essential for future Australian visa applications) and allows you to receive a tax refund.Your refund will usually be processed in 2-4 weeks if you file your tax return online. Early tax returns (paper returns) take 6-8 weeks to process.

Documents you have to provide to us :

  • Your Tax File Number (TFN)
  • Your passport
  • Your payslips
  • Expense receipts:
We will apply for you and promptly return your money.