Popular Trade Courses in AustraliaTahmidul Islam
For the past decade, the country has attracted a large number of international students who desire to study, work, and reside in the country. There are several chances available to them, particularly in a booming economy.
Wondering what visa is required for studying trade courses in Australia?
If you’re looking to study trade in Australia, you must apply for a student visa (subclass 500).
What trade courses lead to PR?
The 2-year trade degree in Australia assists students who wish to get Permanent Residency.
- Commercial Cookery
- Painting & Decorating
- Floor Tiling, and so on.
Before applying for student visa ensure you meet the following criterias:
- Every overseas student who wishes to study in Australia must supply information on living expenses and tuition fees.
- You must pass an English language competency exam, such as the PTE or IELTS.
- Australian student visa applicants must provide documentation of health examinations. If this is the case, it is necessary to pass a medical exam that must be confirmed by a doctor.
Let’s look at some trade courses which would increase your chance to receive PR:
Wall and Floor Tiling
The demand for wall and floor tiling professionals are significantly increasing day by day with respect to the booming economy. Here, you will interpret/read blueprints, repair and install tiles, operate equipment, and go to a specific project location to work with the assistance of the certificate.
Qualified plumbers tend to earn good wages working in home, industrial, and commercial settings.
Launch your career as a welder or fabricator. But first, you must earn a certificate in engineering. Project computation is one of the subjects discussed.
There are plenty of opportunities for trained carpenters in the building industry in Australia. Material handling, ceiling/wall framing, building methods, and measuring techniques, among other things, will be allocated to you.
The need for these professional and certified individuals in Australia is increasing by the day. Once you have a certificate in automotive technology, you can apply for the Permanent Resident track.
Commercial cooking is an essential employment in the hotel business. After completing a commercial cuisine education, you can work as a cook or chef. A commercial culinary course will include themes such as hospitality management, food planning, dietary restrictions, and so on.
Concerning Graduate Visas and Eligibility Criteria
It is a one and a half year Australian graduate visa (24 months). Applicants for the 485 Graduate visa are permitted to reside and work in Australia.
Criteria for eligibility
- If you are under the age of 50, you are eligible for the 485 Visa.
- The Graduate Work Stream is for people who may nominate their occupation through MLTSSL (Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List).
- You should have a diploma, a trade certification, or a degree.
- Completing a minimum of two years of study in Australia, depending on the level of study course, is required.
- CRICOS approval is required for your program.
- You should only apply for one type of visa.
- Within six months of finishing the Australian course, you need to apply for a SC 485 Visa.
- Fulfil job descriptions based on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZCO).